Balsamic Maple Glazed Tofu
Yield: 4 servings
1 package tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp corn starch
- In a bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, and thyme.
- Add the tofu to the bowl, stir and cover.
- Let sit in the fridge for 2-24 hours, mixing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tofu and sauce in a glass dish and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir around and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove tofu cubes from sauce and set aside.
- Place remaining sauce in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cornstarch and stir constantly to thicken.
- Plate tofu and scoop marinade over top as a sauce, or serve on greens or whole grain of choice.
Nutrition Facts (estimated):
Serving: 1 serving