Grilled Salmon with Maple, Cumin & Lime Marinade
Yield: Serves 4
Grated peel (zest) and juice of 1 Lime
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
4 Salmon fillets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add the salmon to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat . Spray with non-stick vegetable oil. Place fillets on the grill and close lid. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of each fillet) or until the fish flakes easily with fork. (only turn fish once).
- Serve with grilled veggies or a salad and brown rice.
* You can substitute an equal amount of fresh lemon juice for lime juice.
* For extra flavor, try adding 1 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro leaves to the marinade.
* If you don’t want to grill the salmon, bake in the oven at 425°F (220°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Serving: 1 fillet