Surprise Quick Quiche
Yield: Serves 1
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups (375 mL) 1% milk
¼ cup whole wheat flour 50 mL
2 tbsp cornmeal
3 green onions, chopped
1 ¼ cup shredded lower-fat cheddar cheese
3 tbsp cooked bacon bits 45 mL
* Substitute shredded Swiss cheese and add a diced tomato and a diced cooked potato.
* To make a meatless version, leave out the bacon bits and add 1 cup (250 mL) cooked chopped broccoli and/or 1 cup (250 mL) cooked sliced mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400◦ F (200◦ C)
- Spray 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate, with vegetable spray
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, milk, flour and cornmeal. Blend for 30 seconds, until well blended.
- In the prepared pie plate, gently toss green onions, shredded cheese and bacon bits. Pour the milk mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving: 1 serving