Creamed Cauliflower & Brown Rice
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 40 minutes
1 lb. cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup short-grain brown rice
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, sauté the cauliflower in the oil until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and adjust the heat to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and stir until the cauliflower starts to fall apart. Continue simmering until the rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and lemon juice.
- Season with up to ½ tsp of salt and plenty of black pepper.
Source: Nutrition Action
Serving: 1 cup