Roasted Edamame with Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
Yield: 2 cups
16 ounces frozen shelled edamame
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper (or 1-2 teaspoons alternate seasoning)
- If you have time, thaw the edamame for an hour or so in a strainer over a bowl (to catch the melting liquid) before baking. This will reduce the roasting time.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the edamame with the olive oil, salt, and pepper (or other seasonings). Taste the edamame and add more seasonings if desired.
- Spread edamame in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast for 30-40 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes and watch for the edamame to begin puffing and turning golden-brown. Their color will also darken, the exterior will be dry, and you’ll hear them “singing” as steam escapes from inside the bean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the roasted edamame to a serving bowl. They are best if eaten within a few hours of roasting.
Source (recipe & picture): Kitchn
Nutrition Facts (Estimated):
Serving: 1 cup (128 g)